Thursday, August 19, 2010

Have these drinks... on me... I'll pay when I get there.

Elizabeth's Highball
On broken ice...
3-4 shakes Fee's rhubarb bitters
Fresh lemon juice
2 oz Square One Botanical
1/4 oz (a dash) of Luxardo Maraschino
Fill with seltzer
Stir well

Garnish with a lemon peel first heated w/a lighter to bring out the oils, and then wiped around the rim

Serve in a tall, slender glass.

Didn't try some fresh mint in there, but it would look nice... might taste good too.


The Asshole
On broken ice
3-4 oz Plymouth Gin (the smooth gin)
1/2 oz Chartreuse (green)
3 shakes Fee's rhubarb bitters
Splash of absinthe
bit of simple syrup
fill w/seltzer or just plain water
stir well

"Were you boooooooorn an asshole, or did you work at it yer whole life? Either way it worked out fine, 'cause yer an assssssshooooole tonight."

A few dashes of Regan's Orange Bitters do fine w/this mix. Looks like Mountain Dew.

3 comments:

KateMadd/skmckinn said...

There's such thing as RHUBARB BITTERS?

That's two good things put together. I wonder...

I can't afford these, so yeah, you'll need to pay. So hurry up. Come on down.

Digitizdat said...

Rhubarb bitters are amazing. They're great just by themselves, like say 15 shakes w/a teaspoon of simple syrup and seltzer water. It's Rhubarb pop! Stir it thoroughly with some ice to make it nice and cold. It will be one of the most refreshing drinks you'll have ever had.

KateMadd/skmckinn said...

Yeah BOURBON and bitters, surprise surprise, is one of my favorites. And I'm convinced that bitters has health benefits.

When I'm an old woman I'll have a shelf with Angostura and Dr. Bronners on it--to keep my body and my bowels clean. (And for the aesthetic/rhetorical pleasure of comparing the two labels.)