Thursday, July 17, 2008

Leaving St. Louis

There's a full moon out tonight. That can mean only one thing: it is time that I board the sky ship and fly east... far east. I am off to the land of Qin, the Middle Kingdom. I will span the great Yangtze River to the land peopled by the Han, and I will behold the ancient civilization that brought paper, gunpowder, printing, and the compass to the world, and I will eat delicious spicy duck's neck (yes folks, it's that good).

I will install many hard drives and migrate a multitude of data from one medium to another, and lo: I will take pictures.

And when the moon has nearly waned, I will fly to the river's delta, to the city Above the Sea: that towering cosmopolis that is home to the most wondrous and the most ancient of structures, and lo: there will be many dumplings eaten.

No comments: