Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Frisky Dingo

Episode 4 of Frisky Dingo: Best Episode of Anything Ever.

It has everything. Every single line is pure gold. Every character is developed. I think I've watched it about 6 times now.

"My God, the sheer genius of it," cries Killface, at the unveiling of Watley's Antfarm Keyboard.

I can't believe how well put together this show is. I wish I could put some video up here, but copyright infringement, blah blah.

This is the first episode that Watley says "I like to call it Lost Wages," referring to Las Vegas, to which Xander immediately chuckles, "Nice." Those lines are repeated in later episodes, as Watley recycles that pun again and again. Xander never gets tired of it.

Awesome-X and his posse of robotic soldiers, the Xtacles, who he actually thinks are robots, even though they're in fact real men in robotic suits, track Killface to an ostensibly Chinese dry cleaner, Mao, whom Killface convinced to front $64k to have a coupon for his laundromat printed on the back of the Annihilatrix postcards, which were supposed to announce the Annihilatrix to every inhabitant of Earth. They were misprinted, by the way, reading 'Welcome to You're "Doom"', which caused Killface extensive shame and embarrassment. As Awesome-X interrogates Mao, who's actually a young white man disguised as an Asian in order to qualify for a minority business loan, which injustice Awesome-X is preparing to kill him for, he says to him, as Mao negotiates for his life with coupons,

"I'm going to need a few more. More, like a whole box more, and the villabouts of the wheran Kelly."
"You mean 'the whereabouts of the villain Killface'," chimes in one of the Xtacles, through the radio in his helmet,
"Did I just say 'the villabouts of the wheran Kelly?'"
"Yep," the Xtacle replies.
"'Cause I think I've been doing that a lot lately. I wonder if it's a tumor."
After a brief pause, the Xtacle responds, "I know a good cancer doctor."

Adult Swim has just started airing reruns of Sealab 2021 (last night, I think), which was the predecessor to Frisky Dingo, and also created by Adam Reed and Matt Thompson, and is a great show, but not nearly as good as Frisky Dingo, although Debbie DuPree is hotter than Grace Ryan, for some reason, IMHO.

No comments: